Montreal Intermediate Level WordPress Training Workshop
|Wednesday 18 October, 2017||9am - 4:30pm||$500||English||Our Office|
This course is designed for those comfortable with the basics of the WordPress Content Management System (CMS) and would like to become more proficient with the platform. Amongst other points, participants will be exposed to plugins which expand administrative features of the WordPress CMS as well as introduced to programming tips to enhance theme performance and accessibility.
Who Should Attend
This course will be of benefit to those who are already familiar with the WordPress CMS and have some minor programming experience or inclinations.
Note: This course is not suited for e-commerce ventures, experienced programmers, or social media platform creation. It also does not apply to websites built on WordPress.com.
Note: Valid for WordPress 4.0 and up.
This course provides attendees with a lot of useful information. This course will help you:
- Install and use some of the major Wordpress Plugins (i.e. BuddyPress, bbPress, Admin Management Xtended)
- Modify Wordpress themes to include additional information
- Allow the delivery of a mobile-friendly website
Part 1a: Preparing Your Website by Deciding on Plugins
- Checking plugin compatability
- Verifying existing plugin support
- Reviewing plugin limitations
Part 1b: Website Backup
- Backing up server files and website database
- Confirming a successful backup
Part 2: Theme Modification & Understanding Theme Structure
- PHP format overview
- Understanding Wordpress theme files
- Understanding Wordpress functions
Part 3: Wordpress Programming Tips
- Beautification programming examples
- Usability programming examples
- Accessibility programming examples
Part 4: Intermediate Wordpress Tips
- Understanding the newest Wordpress features
- Custom post types
- Custom menus
Part 5: Q&A
- Questions and answers
- Guaranteed Reservation (Space is limited. Book early to secure your spot and avoid disappointment.)
- Information Booklet
- You may transfer your registration to another individual who must attend on the course date that you registered for.
- If you cannot attend your chosen date after registration, you may change your course selection for a course of equal or lesser value within a year of the purchase date. 72 hours notice is required to make this change, otherwise please refer to the refund policy.
- Each attendee will be officially reserved when full payment has been received and processed
- You may cancel your attendance for any reason. Refunds will be issued as follows:
- 21 or more calendar days: 100% Refund
- 14-20 calendar days: 75% Refund
- 8-13 calendar days: 50% Refund
- 0-7 calendar days: 0% Refund